Audio Product Marketing and Community SpecialistAt VoxMedia
As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Vox Media Podcast Network (VMPN) is one of the largest, fastest growing, and most topically diverse collections of high-quality podcasts in the world. With over 200 active shows from our editorial networks and partners, we empower a portfolio of passionate and trusted voices to host important, meaningful, and entertaining conversations and stories about the news, tech, business, sports, culture, and more.
What you’ll do:
CAFE is a new addition to the Vox Media Podcast Network that explores how law and justice intersect with every aspect of our society. CAFE’s portfolio of shows includes the award-winning podcast Stay Tuned with Preet hosted by former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York and CAFE co-founder Preet Bharara; Third Degree hosted by former federal and state prosecutor Elie Honig; the narrative series Doing Justice; and several other new shows in development. CAFE also offers a collection of exclusive podcasts, newsletters, events, and online content through their innovative CAFE Insider membership program.
As the Audio Product Marketing and Community Specialist, you’ll focus on fostering a loyal community of CAFE listeners and Insider members, working at the intersection of our podcast marketing, editorial, and product teams. You’ll manage product marketing efforts, which will include developing and executing plans across social media, email, web, and more to drive membership growth in the CAFE Insider program. You’ll identify opportunities to build community among members of the CAFE Insider program. You’ll interact directly with CAFE members via email and social media to assist them with questions, troubleshoot issues with their subscriptions, and help improve their experience. In short, you’ll be on the front lines of our community building and listener engagement efforts, acting as a direct liaison to our listeners and members.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Product marketing
- Collaborate with your colleagues in podcast marketing to execute campaigns that drive new listenership and/or new Insider subscriptions
- Improve CAFE’s social, email, and digital presence
- Provide clear direction to the design team on the creation of visual assets to support your audience engagement efforts
- Analyze trends in member conversion and retention
- Member support and experience
- Serve as the representative of Vox Media and CAFE in engaging with CAFE Insider members via email and social media, directly diagnosing and resolving content questions, website and subscription issues, and other inquiries
- Identify opportunities to improve and streamline member support processes
- Embody the voice of the customer, partnering with product and technology teams to create new solutions, improve our digital presence, and provide feedback on new product ideas
- Create weekly recaps to better inform leadership, synthesizing the voice of the customer based on data from customer interactions
- Community engagement
- Find new ways to spark conversation and community among fans of CAFE podcasts, CAFE hosts and contributors
- Create experiences that enhance the CAFE Insider member journey
- Support execution of live virtual events such as Facebook Live, Twitter Spaces, and more
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing and growing audiences across social media, email, and other digital platforms
- Experience working in product marketing or supporting a digital subscription product
- A passion for podcasting and an understanding of the industry
- A solutions-oriented mindset
- Enthusiasm for learning and growing
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.