Management AccountantAt Wagestream
If you're reading this job ad - Hello!! 👋
We're really excited to meet you, and are excited to hire a newly qualified or even part-qualified Management Accountant to join our Operations team here in Wagestream UK.
Ok... let's start with the basics about us:
Did you know, the lowest 10% of earners in the UK make the banks, the most money in fees, charges and interest?
Here at Wagestream, we believe that is fundamentally wrong - and we are on a mission to change that!
Financial Wellness is a new "ish" term in the software world, but we are having a big impact. We are backed by social impact charities such as Big Society Capital, and the Social Tech Trust, and we are more than just a FinTech... we are on a mission to give people Power over Pay!
There are a lot of software buzzwords that come in and out of fashion, and we don't think Earned Wage Access is one of them, we know we are here to stay, not just a fleeting moment in tech history.
What's the end game? Easy. Financial Wellness for everyone, everywhere.
We are looking for a Management Accountant who just loves the nitty gritty of accounting, finance and crunching numbers! You can be newly or part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA, what we look for more is drive, motivation and passion for our mission here at Wagestream.
Wagestream is rapidly expanding as a business and we want to add to our Finance team with someone who can pay attention to detail, is happy to take ownership of any task assigned to them and loves the fast-paced environment of a scaling start up. Bonus points if you love ping pong as much as we do!
Our Operations team is small but mighty and encompasses our finance, legal and HR teams and you’ll play a key role in this. Reporting to our Financial Controller, Eoin, you’ll get the chance to experience many aspects of the business, and be a part of something special.
- Taking the lead on the month end close process including; preparation of the monthly management accounts with variance analysis and, balance sheet reconciliations
- Reporting to our bank on the business’ debt covenants
- Assist with the Group’s statutory filings and audit.
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Invoicing of clients and monitoring of aged debt
- Assist with the management of the groups cash balances
- Work with the people team on the monthly payroll
- Oversee the accounts payable and expense process
- Support the Financial Controller and CFO with ad-hoc projects
- If you’re Part-Qualified we will assist you with Study Support!
(But if you’re close and passionate about joining Wagestream… that’s a conversation we’d like to have!)
- You are either Part qualified or Newly-qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- You’d have around 2-3 years experience in an Accountancy/Finance role
- Xero experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of SME’s and FinTech would be great - but not essential
- A strong self starter who can work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of SQL would be an added bonus
We truly believe we have great benefits offering here in the UK Wagestream team, & we have tried to highlight everything here - if there is something you think we need to add - let us know!
- We will pay you what you're worth. We are fully committed to closing the gender pay gap, promoting diversity and inclusivity, and paying people what they deserve to be paid.
- We're a Remote First business - work from home or our London office - you choose! We have team members everywhere, from Cornwall to Glasgow - we place an emphasis on finding the right people in any location, not any people in the right location.
- We will help you manage your busy lifestyle with flexible working opportunities, most of the team work "core hours" to allow touchpoints with your team, but we also make sure you have the time to pick the kids up at 3pm, or go for that mid-morning run to boost your productivity. We want you to have the best of both worlds.
- We offer 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs.
- We offer 12 weeks paid maternity leave and up to 4 weeks paid paternity leave for employees with over 12 months service
- We will support you with your career endeavours. We are committed to internal progression, and offering our team members the best opportunities for growth. We want to invest in you the same way you're going to invest in us!
- We want you to invest in your future too, so we have a pension with Aviva - très chic!
- If you love cycling as much as we do, keep yourself physically fit with our Evans Cycles Ride to Work scheme
- And after a long weeks work, join us in undoing it all - with membership to The Wine Society. (They also do gin and beer!)
- We want everyone to achieve "zen mastery" with a free subscription to Calm — work can be stressful (we know!) and we want to help you switch off
- Or, for those moments when you need something more than meditation, we have a Mental Health Support Service that all our employees can use called Spill - support when you need it, where you need it!
- And the best benefit of all... Free access to Wagestream service - naturally!
We know that money is only one part of package, but still important, so for this role we have a starting salary of between £40k - £55k depending on experience, qualifications & suitability. (And of course everyone gets a piece of the pie with our equity options!)