Junior Paid Media StrategistAt Wavelength Strategy
Wavelength Strategy is a boutique digital firm dedicated to elevating digital persuasion and paid media strategy for Democratic campaigns and progressive organizations. Our team combines decades of campaign management and digital communications experience to help our clients move the voters they need to win.
Our approach is:
- Creative-first. To change minds and win elections, we need to do more than reach the right voters: We need to speak their language. We believe the goal of digital advertising's targeting capabilities should be to tailor content—from issue to treatment to messenger—to the voter and the platform where it's served.
- Immersive. We're committed to full integration and concierge service for our clients, and we're discerning about the number and kind of clients we work with. We believe that the best results come from knowing a campaign in and out, being part of every strategy conversation, and taking the time to make higher quality creative—from scripts to finished products.
- Cutting-edge. We've partnered with platforms and third-party vendors to develop state-of-the-art testing and modeling on measurable persuasion metrics as well as performance testing. Our mission is to migrate digital goals to broader campaign goals: moving the needle and winning.
About the role
As Junior Paid Media Strategist, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the execution of clients' digital persuasion and mobilization campaigns across social, search, programmatic, and other digital ad platforms
- Working closely with the Wavelength team to ensure trains are always moving, from client onboarding and verification processes, to finalized creative delivery and campaign set up, Q/A, and launch
- Managing, optimizing, and tracking live digital campaign performance to ensure budgets are managed and client KPIs are met
- Delivering data-informed and forward-thinking campaign reporting to clients on a consistent basis
- Working closely with planning and data strategists to share insights, address issues, identify opportunities, and adjust media plans or creative as needed
At Wavelength, we pride ourselves on cultivating a management-forward, mission-driven, and empowering environment that sets every member of our team up for success—and we want to work with people who are just as committed to those values. The ideal person for this role:
- Has 1-2 years experience in managing, trafficking, and reporting on paid digital media campaigns from start-to-finish, especially for persuasion and mobilization
- Has some familiarity with digital advertising platforms and tools (Facebook Ads, Google Ads, etc.)
- Has experience using Google Sheets/Excel or other data tools, with proven ability to export and manipulate data, build charts or tables, and develop insights or takeaways that reflect the data presented
- Is eager to grow, learn, try big ideas, share knowledge, and keep up to date with industry best practices and cutting-edge techniques
- Pays obsessive attention to detail and has exceptional organization and project management skills
- Thrives in fast-paced, high-pressure environments and can unfailingly meet tight deadlines with minimal errors
- Demonstrates initiative, works collaboratively, and willingly contributes to the team, including pitching in wherever work needs to be done
- Is passionate about Democratic politics and progressive issues, and is fired up about helping win elections in 2021 and beyond
- Location: Wavelength Strategy is headquartered in Washington, DC but this position will be flexible, remote though a strong preference for a candidate based on the East Coast
- Employee status: Full-time, exempt
- The minimum salary expectation for this position is $60K, dependent on relevant experience.
- Health care: 100% employer-paid; includes vision and dental
Wavelength Strategy is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply. Wavelength celebrates diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. Wavelength's hiring and employment decisions are based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.