Senior React Native Developer (100% Remote) at Whitespectre () (allows remote)At Whitespectre
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a close-knit team of 70 smart and diverse people, working together remotely and meeting in person in Barcelona!
We are looking for an experienced Frontend / React Engineer to join one of our key delivery teams on a full-time, long-term basis. In this role, you’ll work within a cross-functional squad of backend and front-end engineers, product, & UI/UX designers to solve interesting technical challenges and create products that drive real business growth at scale.
As a senior member of the team, you'll help to drive architecture and implementation decisions, help product make smart trade-offs to deliver a great user experience in a scalable way, and mentor other engineers.
What will you do?
- Collaborating with backend engineers in designing logical flow, specifying api contracts and implementing services to decouple functionality
- Occasionally going full stack and, depending on the project, either diving into the node.js service or the Rails services to add a new endpoint or modify behavior (and we can help you learn here too)
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested, defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
You should have:
- 2+ years of production experience of React frontends
- 4+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in modern JS frameworks e.g. React/Vue/Angular/Backbone.
- Experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, crossing over with 11 am - 7 pm Central European Time