Business Strategy ManagerAt Wonolo
USA and Canada
Apply for the Job
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 500,000 underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo empowers the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
Wonolo is looking for a Business Strategy Manager who wants to dive in headfirst and help scale our company and help answer critical questions, establish and clarify near- and long-term strategic direction, and identify strategic growth opportunities to help Wonolo move fast towards achieving our mission.
Reporting to the VP of Strategy, you will use your analytical skills and business insight to tackle some of Wonolo’s biggest strategic questions and drive actionable recommendations in support of Wonolo’s Leadership team.
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States and Canada #LI-Remote.
What you'll do:
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to test hypotheses, break down critical business questions and provide insights and recommendations to Leadership to help guide strategy and investment decisions.
- Partner with the VP of Strategy on optimizing company-wide strategic planning frameworks and processes.
- Help Leadership and leaders across functional groups stay informed on critical industry trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Partner cross-functionally to implement long-range strategic decisions and close gaps in strategic alignment and execution.
Who you are:
- You have 4-6 years at a top-tier strategy/management consulting firm, or in-house with a focus on Strategy and/or Business Operations.
- You excel at problem-solving, with experience applying strategic frameworks to address critical business issues.
- You demonstrate strong data analysis skills, with an ability to apply order and objectivity to complex and ambiguous questions.
- You demonstrate strong judgment, personal accountability, independence, interpersonal skills, and objectivity.
- You demonstrate a commitment to advancing representation and inclusion
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Benefits and perks:
- Meaningful equity and company bonus
- We pay 100% of the medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for you and 80% for your dependents
- 401(k) plan and parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement, company laptop
- Life and disability insurance
- Open vacation policy, flexible schedule, and the option to work from anywhere in the United States and Canada (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 500,000 front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 160+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States and Canada. We are well funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2020 (Medium to Large)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging:
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal opportunity employer. We make the best effort to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies At Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement:
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but no limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.