IT Help Desk EngineerAt Worksighted
Who We Are:
Worksighted is one of the fastest-growing IT service providers in Michigan. We work hard, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. We are committed to growth, both our customers' and our own. As a team, we know we're only as good as the values we stand for and the hard work we put in every day. Joining our team means being a unique piece to the puzzle and a superhero in your own way. From crucial benefits like paid parental leave to in-office parties and zombie-themed wellness challenges, we work hard, have a lot of fun, and know what matters most to our people.
We are looking for an IT Help Desk Engineer who will be responsible for the daily triage and initial troubleshooting of support requests in attempt to resolve or escalate the request to the appropriate team quickly and efficiently. This position will also answer incoming calls to the support team, providing initial triage, routing, and support, ensuring service metrics are being met and client requests are addressed promptly by the appropriate resource.
Who You Are:
- You have a High School Diploma or GED.
- You have at least one (1) year of experience in an IT Help Desk or relevant IT Support role.
- You have basic knowledge of Windows & Mac Desktop & Server operating systems.
- You understand and can troubleshoot various basic technical problems such as Active Directory user management, Microsoft Exchange & Office 365 user management, administration, and troubleshooting, VMWare maintenance and troubleshooting, VoIP client issues and extension management, printers and print servers, and mobile devices.
- You have a basic knowledge and understanding of security best practices.
- You have a customer-first orientation and the ability to communicate effectively.
What You're Accountable For:
- Answering incoming phone calls from the primary support queue.
- Triaging incoming support requests (phone, email, automated, or in person) to accurately determine the issue and its urgency/impact to the business or end user.
- Communicating priority level and expected response time to clients.
- Providing basic remote and occasional basic onsite technical support for clients within assigned verticals and others as needed.
- Escalating support requests to Client Services team after initial troubleshooting when unable to resolve issue within specified guidelines.
- Adhering to all policies, processes, expectations, and SLAs to ensure client needs are addressed and properly documenting time, work completed, and communication to clients and vendors.
- Creating and updating client environment documentation required to provide an exceptional and efficient support experience.
- Meeting or exceeding the minimum standard of billable and utilization percentages, along with CSAT ratings.
- Providing after hours technical support as part of a rotating schedule.
- Participating in internal meetings to provide clients with the most comprehensive support experience and efficient resolutions.
Why You'll Love Worksighted:
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with company matches to 401(k) and HSA accounts.
- Paid time off for vacations, sick time, and personal days, plus a day off on your birthday!
- Well-rounded approach to employee wellness with benefits such as a monthly wellness stipend, free healthy snacks, community service opportunities, and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Mobile phone stipend.
- Open and collaborative work environment (dog friendly!)
- Ongoing employee engagement activities ranging from potlucks to company-wide games of virtual BINGO.
- An in-depth onboarding program including lunch with leadership, job shadows with every department of the company, and thorough on-the-job training.
Learn more about our values and what it's like to be a member of our team on our website or by following us on Instagram @Worksighted.