Data EngineerAt Wurl
About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
Data Engineer (Remote):
Wurl is seeking a detail-oriented data scientist/engineer with strong analytical and communication skills to join and grow with our data analytics team. Wurl collects data from a range of OTT video streaming ecosystem components. We digest it, analyze it, and present it. Join our team and help us with this very interesting data set!
- Contribute to Wurl’s evolving ETL processes.
- Participate in managing the integrity of Wurl’s collected data: completeness, correctness, and cleanliness.
- Create and automate data validation processes.
- Create visualizations using BI and data visualizations tools to support internal and external customers.
- Interface with customers to explain usage and data anomalies.
- Interface with Engineering on data issues and pursue their recovery.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Data Science.
- Strong SQL and Python skills.
- Knowledge of database design principles.
- Strong communication skills; team player with can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and git source control
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications.
- Location: US Remote
A Plus if you have:
- Streaming video delivery experience.
- AWS Cloud experience.
- Knowledge of streaming video formats.
- Understanding of ETL processes.
- BI toolset experience.
- An interest in learning new things and sharing knowledge.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.