Abstract: Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
About the Role
At Abstract we develop high quality web applications that help transform the attribution, connection, and measurement of Design to increase its impact. We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join Abstract, in pursuit of shipping high quality software.
Join us and have an impact that’s felt and experienced by designers all over the world. Do you crave the autonomy to ship high quality software with peers in engineering, product design, and product management? If iteration and craft are values you are drawn to, if impacting the world of design through a product focused on connection, or if you love to create excellent software with some of the finest engineers and designers around, please consider this role!
What you’ll do:
- Triage and fix bugs, often working directly with our customers.
- Participate in peer code reviews through pull requests to make sure we're moving fast while also maintaining quality code bases.
- Participate in design reviews and give feedback.
- Contribute to server-side APIs — through code, peer review, or both — that are needed to ship features.
- Participate in our agile methodology (Sprint Planning, Demos, Retrospectives).
What you’ll bring:
- An analytical mindset. You think critically about your work, ask questions, approach problems from different angles, and are excited to improve the product.
- The ability to make things happen even when requirements are a little fuzzy.
- A customer-centric lens. You look forward to working with them so we can identify pain points and create solutions.
- Enthusiasm to problem solve. When things inevitably break, you eagerly jump in to diagnose and fix the core issues.
- Clear communication skills. You can clearly discuss and explain complex technical topics.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with Objective-C and Go
- Worked on small teams and are comfortable wearing multiple hats
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Mentorship experience