Butter: Frontend Engineer (React/Redux) Mid/Senior
Anywhere (100% Remote) Only
We're seeking a Frontend Engineer to drive our React app who is interested in building performant apps. You will be responsible for architecting and developing these applications, as well as coordinating with the dev team. At Butter, building tech is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team with good communication skills is required.
You'll be reporting in directly to our CTO. We're still a small team so expect a hands-on position.
⚙️ What you'll do
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both web and Electron platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React and Electron moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write unit tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Represent Butter and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Working with QA team for troubleshooting and debugging errors that crop up in the App.
💪 Your qualifications
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Experience with GraphQL, socket.io, and Firebase
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with state management systems such as Redux, Firebase Realtime Database, localStorage, and others
- Fully remote team: Work from wherever you want - forever
- Flexible work hours: We care about how much you get done - not how much you work or when you do it
- Equipment support: $500 to set up your home office and ensure you have the equipment you need to do your job well!
- Unlimited paid vacation: People in Butter can take as many days off as they need - and we strongly encourage to do so
- Health Insurance: We either pay or give support towards health insurance (depending on where you live and what you need)
- Self-development budget: We allocate a budget to each team member to ensure we all have the best opportunities to develop
- Acknowledgment: you are encouraged to feature your impressive work on Butter's Medium Engineering blog