CartHook: Senior Support Specialist
Headquarters: Portland, Oregon
CartHook helps leading Shopify stores delight their customers with offers after they check out. After five-plus years of running a checkout optimization platform for Shopify merchants, we launched the Post Purchase Offers app in the Shopify app store in November 2020.
We’re up and running and primed for growth. You can be a part of that growth by establishing the practices and processes for a key part of our support efforts.
Who We Are
We are a group of people who give a damn. We believe in doing what’s right and speaking up, even when it’s difficult. We pursue success, humbly.
We are a fully remote team, which means you can live and work just about wherever you want, as long as it meets any role-specific location or time zone requirements (which are outlined below). Just make sure you have a reliable internet connection.
We bridge time zones and distance with thorough and transparent communication, and processes designed to empower and support each other. We’re a company of people from a variety of backgrounds, with a range of perspectives, which makes us stronger. We frequently work in cross-functional teams, and you’ll get to work with awesome people in all different roles in the company. We leave our egos at the door and value input and ideas from everyone at the company.
CartHook is an equal opportunity employer. At CartHook, you can be the person you are, regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, age, size, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We provide a safe, welcoming space for those who are marginalized.
How We Work
Live Where You Want
We’re a hybrid of co-located and distributed teams, so you can live and work just about wherever you want. For this role, you should be located in the US and be able to work in the Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8) and Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5).
No Crazy Hours
We’re all adults and we trust each other to manage and communicate our time appropriately. There’s no need to punch a clock. We look at what you accomplish. We work hard and smart, but we’re in this for the long haul.
Responsible Time Off
We want you to take time off; it makes you happier, healthier, and more productive. In fact, we have an unlimited time-off policy, plus two mandatory weeks for a holiday break in December/January. It’s important you take the time you need, whether you’re caring for your health, the health of a family member, or going on vacation. (We look forward to seeing pictures of your trip in #the-pub Slack channel!) Be mindful of Black Friday through Cyber Monday. That’s our merchants’ busiest time of the year, and we need all hands on deck.
Grow and Learn
We aren’t satisfied with what we already know; we want to learn more and we want you to as well. Think conferences (when those are a thing again), online courses and resources, and dedicated time away to learn something new…it’s up to you and your manager. Let us know what you need.
Insurance coverage: For our U.S. employees, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of your medical and dental premiums and 75% for vision. We also cover a percentage of the premiums for dependents. If our default plan isn’t right for you, there are other options available to fit your needs.
Parental leave: All parents who welcome a new child by birth, surrogacy, foster, or adoption are eligible to take 8 weeks of paid leave. All birth mothers are eligible for an additional 8 weeks of paid leave. New mothers will be able to have a flexible, soft re-entry coming back to work.
401k Plan: Employees are eligible for a 401k plan provided by Guideline and integrated into our payroll system. Plans are funded by the employee.
As a Senior Support Specialist for CartHook’s Post Purchase Offers app, you are a team of one and are the first point of contact for our merchants. You’ll help craft and maintain the support documentation to keep it up-to-date for all new releases. You’ll represent our company with the highest level of service in every interaction, from answering live chat to help with basic how-to questions to troubleshooting technical issues and providing the product team with valuable customer insight. You'll also assist merchants who are in the onboarding process by helping with account setup and how-to questions. You'll use your solid communication and strong customer relationship skills to help new and existing customers successfully use the CartHook Post Purchase Offers product. As part of a growing team, you'll help create effective procedures, policies, and standards to further expand and develop our support department.
This role works closely with the Success, Product, and Marketing teams to create a strong customer-centric culture and ensure efficient and effective product engagement and retention for our customers.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of experience in SaaS support environment
- Respond to customer queries in a timely manner via email, live chat
- Own new customer onboarding and product demos using Zoom meetings
- Ability to problem-solve, track and follow up on a variety of technical issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Follow up with customers to ensure their support issues are resolved
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ownership of support documentation, support responses, support processes and outreach
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as customer relationship skills
- Clearly communicate any initiatives, operational changes, and other important information to the team in a timely manner
- Deploy and follow the execution of new tools/processes
- Create and manage support KPI’s and report to appropriate stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment & make independent decisions
- A team player that can contribute valuable feedback from the merchant and collaborate with multiple teams
- Experience working in Intercom, GSuite apps, Slack, Zoom, and Jira
- Ecommerce experience, specifically with Shopify and Shopify Plus
- Patience when handling tough conversations
- A rockstar at asking for app reviews
- Self-starter and a natural communicator
- Experience growing and leading teams
- Lead customer interactions with empathy and compassion
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience with collecting data from support interactions to find trends and areas of opportunity for improvement
- Previous experience in an environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Previous experience creating and growing a support team
- Previous experience in a remote environment
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements. So, are you game? If yes, let’s talk! Send us your resume and an answer to the following question to email@example.com.
We’d love to learn a little bit more about you, your skills, and how you’d handle certain situations. So when sending us your resume, please include a cover letter with answers to these questions:
- Describe a challenging situation with communication or interaction with a customer, any customer, even if it was outside of a tech environment, that you worked on and solved in the past. Explain the process and tools you used to resolve the issue.
- How would you handle multiple support chats coming in rapidly?
- What skills would you bring to the support team?