Dooly: Senior Full-Stack Engineer (remote, anywhere)
Anywhere in the World
Headquarters: Vancouver, BC
Revenue teams at top Cloud 100 companies like Asana and Intercom use Dooly to capture and amplify the outcomes of their meetings. Because we build Dooly with the end-user in mind, users tell us they couldn’t live without it. With our recently announced Series B funding, we're investing in our team and building the next generation of our product.
Dooly is a remote-first company with a team spread across North America and a small head office in Vancouver. For this role we are open to candidates who are located anywhere in North America.
Now we’re looking for talented engineers to deliver the next generation of our roadmap and fulfill our product mission of being the most-loved sales platform on the planet.
About the role
Our Product Engineering squads are cross-functional and responsible for the end-to-end SDLC in order to meet their objectives. Our squads include a product manager, designer, and engineers whose skills cover the full range of our tech stack.
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer, you’ll work closely with your squad on a wide variety of work aimed to delight users with new features and system enhancements. You’ll quickly take ownership of solving problems and driving solutions to completion. You’ll be a significant contributor to the technical decisions being made and will positively impact the broader engineering org through your knowledge and example.
- Contributing to the full SDLC, helping shape, build and ship the work to be done.
- Proficient across our tech stack and providing technical mentorship to engineers more junior to you.
- Helping your squad, and the broader engineering org, continuously improve through your feedback and suggestions.
Challenges you’ll solve
You’ll work on a variety of projects. Some of these might include:
- Creating a best-in-class note-taking experience.
- Adding real-time collaborative editing to our note editor.
- Improving performance across the stack to ensure a great user experience.
- Helping teams make better product decisions by improving our analytics.
Our tech stack
FYI on our tech stack -we don’t expect you to know all of this coming in.
- React/Redux/TypeScript SPA with Tachyons for styling.
- Ruby/Rails & Node.js services with Postgres DB.
- Docker & Kubernetes deployed to Google Cloud.
- We’re also building a Chrome extension & Electron desktop application.
You align with our company and Product Values:
- Empathy for users: From our business strategy to our product, Dooly’s built with the end-user in mind. We listen carefully and build solutions thoughtfully.
- Crafting quality experiences: Building for the end-user requires that the product works exceptionally well and is a joy to use.
- The right tool for the job: Technology is a means of delivering user value. We use boring technology where it makes sense, but we don’t shy away from the bleeding edge.
- Desire to improve: We’re always growing: personally, professionally, and as an organization. Diversity and inclusion accelerate our growth.
- Play as a team: Building a great product and organization requires collaboration. Two minds are better than one, and two different opinions are even better.
- Self-manager: As a startup, we move fast and often need to take charge of our most fruitful efforts. That being said, there’s a team to support you.
- At least 6 years of experience developing web applications.
- Experience working across the stack, with proficiency in at least one aspect of our tech stack.
- Experience owning important technical and process decisions.
- Experience improving system architecture, engineering processes, and the performance of your peers.
We encourage you to apply
We value the differences of our team members, and we encourage everyone to apply - especially those whose identities are underrepresented in tech. We know that the more diverse the perspectives, experiences, and talent of our Dooligans, the better we’ll be. We respect and celebrate how you identify, who you do or don’t worship, your pronouns, the color of your skin, your age (on paper and at heart), your sexual orientation, your culture and background, and if you have a disability or are a veteran. If you require accommodations in the hiring process please reach out to email@example.com.
Recent Job Postings
- Engineering Productivity, DevOp at Enfabrica (Mountain View, CA) (allows remote)
- The Ops Authority: Digital Marketing Lead
- Clevertech: Google Ads Manager
- Clevertech: Culture Development Specialist
- Clevertech: Communications Specialist
- Clevertech: Producer
- Sr. Data Engineer at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Fullstack Engineer (Python/Django/React)- #12 of Top-100 Marketplaces at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Data Scientist at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- UX Engineer at Pinnacle 21 () (allows remote)