Megsoft Consulting: Mobile Software Developer
Western Hemisphere Only
Headquarters: Maryland, US
Responsibilities and duties
- Identify and plan for new features.
- Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality.
- Suggest and implement new mobile products, applications, and protocols.
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts, and best practices for coding mobile apps.
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design.
- Document technical approach and required input and output specifications to support ongoing development, maintenance, and enhancement of software solutions.
- Perform thorough unit testing and correct identified defects. Preferably with experience in test-driven development practices and automated unit testing.
- Communicate with users to understand their needs and experiences.
- Work with the quality assurance team to review requirements, resolve issues, and to ensure software quality.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs. Preferably with a focus on simplification, reusability, and maintainability.
- Must work within Agile workflows and concepts.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software.
- Gather and evaluate user feedback and adjust as necessary.
Qualifications and skills
- 4 years of experience as a software developer, software engineer, or similar role.
- 3 years of mobile development using Xamarin.
- 1 year of development using Xamarin Forms.
- 1 year ReactiveUI preferred.
- 1 year mobile development in native technologies ( Java, Swift, Objective-C ) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Prism is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Offline Sync for Mobile Devices is a plus.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App Store or the Android market.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Suitable working knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Able and willing to learn new languages and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Ability to train others.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object-Oriented Programming, and web application development.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse mobile technologies and techniques.
Benefits and perks
- 100% Remote.
- Team Retreat – once a year the entire Megsoft team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
- Healthy body, healthy mind – happy team – we offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program and health insurance.
- View more benefits on our careers page.
How to Apply!
Please include all relevant information (CV, GitHub repo, blog, etc.).