Scholly: Head of Business Development
Anywhere (100% Remote) Only
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
Scholly, the #1 college scholarship app in the world, is seeking to add a Head of Business Development to our growing team. This person will be the first Lead hire of the department and will be responsible for generating B2B revenue by identifying new opportunities, managing and growing current relationships, and leading a team of direct reports. The Business Development Manager will work in close coordination and collaboration with the company’s Growth, Marketing, and Operations Teams. The Business Development Manager will work remotely and report to the CEO.
What The Head of Business Development will do:
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Form comprehensive business development plans with quantifiable objectives and outcomes.
- Develop short- and long-term strategies focused both on financial gain and partner satisfaction.
- Modify plans and strategies as needed to meet goals and quotas based on industry trends.
- Accelerate the sales process by working with internal teams to partnership execution.
- Document all business development activities and manage Statements of Work.
Networking and Relationship Building
- Maintain proactive, coordinated, and strategic engagement with current and prospective partners across a wide array of organizations, colleges, universities, and other industry verticals.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative assessments to prioritize partnership opportunities.
- Strengthen the company’s brand by communicating our mission, vision and values as well as our distinctive value proposition.
- Assist the sales team with proactive outreach and prospecting
- Source and manage contract subject-matter-experts for projects that require extra expertise.
Forecasting and Vision
- Continual analysis and optimization of clients, technologies, and market landscapes.
- Set team and individual quotas that are achievable yet motivating.
- Hire, mentor, and coach team members; create structure and processes, including long-term plans for individual development.
- Utilize various data sources to identify successes and areas needing improvement.
- Manage dashboard and KPIs to track the performance of partnerships and other initiatives.
Who You Are/Qualifications:
· 8-10 years of direct experience in B2B sales or business development and partnerships.
· Demonstrated understanding of the product lifecycle including strategy, design, development, and launch.
· Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan.
· Proven track record of meeting and exceeding measurable objectives.
· Experience building and managing a team.
· Ability to think strategically and tactically while operating autonomously.
· Expertise in nurturing relationships with individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds.
· Professional appearance and demeanor along with proven organizational, supervisory, analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
· Experience in the tech industry.