Skip The Interview: Lead Product Designer (Employee No 1)
Anywhere in the World
Headquarters: Los Angeles / London
Skip The Interview is a YC backed company looking for our 1st designer hire. We are trying to really disrupt the entire interview process (by allowing people to completely skip the interview process). We believe the best way to hire great people is to get referrals from people they have worked with before but these referrals only mean something if the person giving them has something to lose or gain. So we ask you to find people willing to back you for this role as the whole interview process. The steps are:
1. The first person to raise £4,500 you automatically get the role.
2. You then do a 1 day paid trial with us where either side can back out of the agreement with no penalties.
3. You then start, if you last past probation which is 2 months we pay out your backers double the money they invested in you. (minus our fee)
4. But if you are not good enough and we don't keep you on, all your backers lose their money.
Check it out at www.skiptheinterview.com (we would love any feedback)
We are super excited to hire our 1st employee. We think design is the most important thing! As the first designer on our team you will:
- Love moving fast, and iterating quickly.
- Be able to do many facets of design. UX, UI, marketing collateral, and if you don’t know how to do something you will just learn it.
Example of the type of work you’ll be working on:
- Help design the look and feel of the product. Logo, color scheme, tone of voice and more.
- Work with the engineers (us) to develop new features and decide what to put on the roadmap. Both the tactics of what we build next week and the strategy of what big problems to solve for customers next
- Talk to customers and show them new prototypes, to determine what we should build next.
- Great UX design, this includes things like mockups, talking to users.
- Beautiful UI design - any experience with desktop experience is a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some coding skills, HTML, CSS, etc.
Recent Job Postings
- Creative Force: Product Marketing Manager
- Full-Stack Python Software Developer at Advanced Energy Economy (New York, NY) (allows remote)
- Govalo: Full Stack Engineer
- silverorange: Full Stack React Web Developer
- silverorange: PHP-focused Web Developer
- People First Solutions: Senior Developer
- QA Automation Engineer
- Cloud Data Architect
- Analytics Engineer
- Account Executive