Taproot Foundation: Product Manager
Headquarters: New York
Taproot Plus, Taproot Foundation’s online marketplace for pro bono, directly delivers on our mission by connecting nonprofit professionals with passionate, skilled volunteers who share their expertise pro bono via online, virtual programming. Since 2015, business professionals have delivered over $35M in consulting expertise in areas like marketing, strategy, HR, and IT strategy so that organizations are even more equipped to positively affect society. Taproot Plus is Taproot’s largest program driving impact. The Product Manager sits on the Program Operations team, which supports the organization’s online programs as well as the organization’s technology infrastructure.
The Product Manager will play a key role in helping bring to life our growth strategy, particularly the technical coordination behind scaling our online services including global expansion and corporate usage. This includes closely coordinating with our program delivery, program design, product, and external relations teams to thoroughly understand the needs of nonprofits, skilled volunteers, and internal staff, and will successfully translate those needs into product requirements. This role is for you if you are an expert project manager who can work independently or collaborate on an internal team to bring innovative and meaningful product ideas to life. You are excited to grow your product management skills in research, user experience mapping, a/b testing, roadmap management and data analysis.
This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the United States. Taproot Foundation has offices in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles. The Product Manager reports to the Product Director.
- Support and coordinate the execution of Taproot’s technology roadmap, with responsibility to recommend the allocation and management of available resources.
- In partnership with Taproot’s developers, determine the needs for Taproot’s backend technology, and clearly communicate the needed priorities and decisions.
- Project manage Taproot’s technology team in building Taproot’s full slate of web applications.
- Lead the management of Taproot’s online experience for various stakeholders, including internal staff, nonprofits, skilled volunteers, and corporate partners from concept to UI to development.
- Invest in understanding Taproot’s program environment and business needs across the organization, and partner with leadership to define core technology strategies and priorities.
- Communicate with third parties to coordinate integration with Taproot’s platforms.
- Ensure our technology meets any legal and client requirements.
- Prepare and maintain any needed technical documentation.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in designing and managing complex, consumer facing web applications in a product management or other technology role.
- Experience shipping products in an agile environment
- Fluency and comfort with using data to test, analyze, and plan for effective development priorities
- Full-stack familiarity, with some experience with database structures
- Be able to understand and speak technology, while also being able to translate to audiences of varying technical knowledge
- Commitment to the mission of social change through pro bono service
- Collaborative, communicative, and organized team player, able to balance long-term strategic projects with daily rapid response requirements.
- Strong written and verbal skills, as well as the ability to make complex policy proposals and concepts accessible and compelling to a variety of audiences.
- Possess a positive attitude toward teamwork and be an advocate for collaboration.
- Position type: Full-time, exempt
- Salary Range: Up to $70,000 on an annualized basis, which may be adjusted to reflect geolocation of candidates
- Location: San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago or Remote
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.