TutorMe: Sales Development Representative
Anywhere (100% Remote) Only
Headquarters: Los Angeles, California, United States
TutorMe is the premier online tutoring solution for millions of students nationwide. Our mission is to level the academic playing field for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have access to incredible tutors regardless of where they go to school or who their parents are.
TutorMe is looking for a fully remote Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our rapidly growing education technology startup. Our team is expanding to meet students' increased need for online tutoring, and we are looking for more remote salespeople to join us in this effort! In this role, you will develop essential skills that will empower you to meet monthly expectations and pursue opportunities for promotion and advancement. We've more than doubled in size over the past year, cultivating an environment where you can grow in your sales career.
As an SDR at TutorMe, you'll speak with leaders in higher education & K-12 school districts to discuss their current academic resources, what they prioritize in supporting their students, and how we align with their program. You'll have an immediate impact both within TutorMe and on students everywhere by promoting a resource that immensely increases their opportunity to learn. Being the first touchpoint for prospects, you set the tone for the rest of the sales cycle. Successful candidates will bring a strong desire to exceed expectations and carry a goal-oriented mindset with an affinity for sales.
- Prospecting and contacting administrators at higher education institutions and K-12 school districts
- Meeting and exceeding the set monthly meeting quota
- Consistently hitting outbound metrics (100 phone calls & 500 bulk emails per day) to prospective leads
- Assisting the Student Success Executive team from qualification to close through qualifying calls and detailed notes
- Collaborating with sales leadership to continually improve on our content and sales strategy
- Using Salesforce and Outreach.io to conduct and track your outbound activity
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resilience and an ability to overcome objections
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style, and eager to take the initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic and constantly seeking to improve
- Excited to enhance student success in higher education
- Desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
- Previous experience in sales or working with Salesforce/Outreach.io is a plus
- An interest in building or accelerating your sales career. We promote from within!
- Competitive base salary and attractive commission structure
- Top-notch health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k matching
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 10 hours of free online tutoring each year
- Opportunity to be a key player at a company that's quickly redefining the boundaries of on-demand academic support
This position will be externally titled "Student Success Representative"