Vidalytics: Marketing Manager
Anywhere in the World
Help A Million Entrepreneurs Scale Their Businesses With Video Marketing
If you want to join a profitable, high-growth Startup, where you will be the key marketing person executing campaigns that will ultimately reach millions of entrepreneurs, marketers and business owners, while also gaining vast, practical hands-on experience, then this Marketing Manager position is THE job for you.
We’re Vidalytics.com. A video marketing platform that helps entrepreneurs scale their businesses in the face of bigger, better-funded competitors. We do this with the advanced tools in our video marketing & hosting platform. We’re 5 years old 🎂 and growing 50-100% per year. And your #1 job will be to add a few zeros to that growth rate.
At a glance… 💪
- Report to the CEO, a serial entrepreneur, multi-million dollar marketer himself.
- At least to start you will be executing campaign ideas from the CEO (who doubles as our CMO and face of our brand).
- Our shared goal is to scale campaigns that can profitably spend $100k per month on ads.
- You’ll be in charge of GSD (getting shit done) in marketing, which means hiring & managing individual contributors.
- You'll be the person accountable for getting campaigns to the finish line.
- This job is split between managing (people and projects), as well as getting your hands dirty with specific tasks on the projects you’ll manage.
- Kick ass, and continue to grow with us as we scale, e.g. you could be CMO of Vidalytics in time.
What will it be like working at Vidalytics? 💻
This is a rare chance to step into a management role in a startup, where you can grow with us, without all the early pain of getting product market fit, revenue and profitability. We’ve really done all of the hard work for you.
We have a backlog of ideas that we want to test out. And our goal is to test as many of them as fast as possible.
This isn’t where you’re given a marketing budget and sent on your way with well wishes. And we’re not a company where we view marketing as a necessary evil that we want to spend as little time or money on.
We are a marketing-centric company. Our CEO is a marketer.
Who You Are (Personality Type) 🦁
- You’re at least familiar with all aspects of fullstack marketing, if not experienced. The things you don’t know, you want to.
- You’re hungry for knowledge but more biased towards action.
- You can drive a project to completion whether that means rolling up your sleeves or getting results from other people.
- You are tech-savvy — you’re not afraid of the technical topics of marketing (analytics, tech, split testing, media buying).
- You want to learn. You check your ego at the door. You’re willing to show up and do whatever is necessary on whatever projects have been identified.
- Accountable to deadlines and results. You get results, even when the unexpected arises. You’re not someone who constantly has drama or excuses going on.
- You have strong emotional intelligence (EQ) – You know how to handle tough convos; you can take brutally honest direct feedback AND you can give the same; you do not get stressed out, angry or attack anyone.
- You embody Vidalytics’ values (see below, and no these aren’t just things we say to fill up space in our job posts, they are how we run the company).
- You are reliable. You show up when you say you will, and get shit done.
- Ownership & accountability — you take ownership of issues and see them through to the end. Even if they “don’t belong to you.”
What You’ll Be Doing (Job Tasks) 😃
Getting the right people to do the right things – hiring & managing contractors who are individual contributors to the campaigns we’re building. Holding them accountable to deadlines and specifications.
Putting the pieces together – Setting up auto-responders, Zapier integrations, tracking links, and UTM tracking & contributing to the conversations in community groups.
Managing projects – Building out an agile project for each campaign in ClickUp, with all the tasks, assignments, due dates, assets and dependencies dialed in. Then keeping the momentum going for these.
Copywriting – Doing light copywriting, with a heavy focus on direct response/driving towards a call to action, for emails, our website, etc. For larger assets, like video sales letters and webinars, we’ll most likely have someone else do these.
Ad Campaigns – Once we dial in campaigns we will hand these off to a dedicated media buyer, but for us to validate our ideas/offers, you’ll (ideally) be setting up campaigns on FB and Google Ads.
Organize our marketing assets – You’ll be in charge of keeping track of our campaign assets, the stats on how they performed and building out a ‘knowledge base’ of campaigns.
Conversion Rate Optimization – You’ll run our split testing on all offers once they start to convert. We will use advanced tech and stats to do this.
Social Media Management – Develop and execute a strategy for our social media centered around direct response, conversion-focused video marketing.
NOTE: The following are areas that you’ll be working on. Obviously, not one person can do all of this with excellence. But at least in the beginning while we scale the team you will be wearing a lot of hats. The core tasks you’ll be working on are managing marketing projects with paid ads. Your skills and preferences will determine if you specialize more into any of these areas with time.
We’d Love to Hear From You If (Job Requirements) 👊🏻
- You’re familiar with all the topics above
- You have 2+ years of experience in any of the above areas
- You have native English ability
- You have a bias towards action
- You’re detail-oriented
- You’re able to work during USA business hours
What You’ll Love About Us (Benefits and Perks) 😉
- Great company culture. You’re going to be part of a team, not a cog in a machine.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be, not to micromanage you.
- We value your ideas. At Vidalytics, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy a generous PTO package.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Vidalytics pays for classes, conferences, and more.
You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You won’t hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
(Yes, We’re Actually Serious About These) 😇
1 - Meritocracy – we’re building a Meritocracy, where the best ideas win -- not based on who has the bigger title. The following values underpin this. You should embody these traits.
2 - Direct & honest communication (transparency) – to be successful we have to face the truth and be honest. And that starts with each other. That means we give direct feedback. We want it in exchange. So feel free to argue your points, just be ready to get onboard with decisions once they are made.
3 - Ownership & Accountability – the best people are the ones who OWN their position, tasks and even things that go beyond their ' day-to-day responsibilities'. They never say, “that’s not my job.” Instead, they proactively spot problems and always try to think like the owner of the business.
4 - Intelligence and smarts – we prize smart people. Who doesn’t? But it's not just book smarts but “business smarts” where you’re able to solve problems. Think for yourself. And don't be intimidated by any problem, no matter how complex. (Aka growth mindset).
5 - Self-aware (personal growth) – we want people who can look at themselves objectively, admit their mistakes and be open to growth. When you bring this attitude to your profession, it becomes a place of personal development and self-actualization.
6 - Integrity – trust is the glue that holds us together. We need to be able to trust you whether it is regarding the quality of your hours, the deadlines you set for yourself or anything else.
7- Urgency – we’re a startup and you need to be able to meet deadlines. We need someone who pushes themselves when they need to and hits deadlines. And also knows how to prioritize the important things.
8 - Hardworking – we’re trying to get shit done on a budget. If you’re looking for an easy job, go elsewhere. Instead, this job will constantly have challenges and opportunities to learn and grow professionally. But we try to have fun while we’re doing it and consider each other friends.
9 - Data – whenever possible, we want to make decisions based on data, not emotions or opinions.
10 - No assholes – Doesn’t matter how good someone is at their job, if they are going to make life suck for other people on the team, then they aren’t welcomed at Vidalytics.
Please fill out your information here. It will come straight to us and we will be in touch right away! :)
Founder / CEO @ Vidalytics
Recent Job Postings
- Sherbet: Senior Full Stack Developer
- Plato: Founding Engineer
- Principal Backend Engineer at Cribl () (allows remote)
- Dondich Coaching: Full-Stack Laravel Developer for Multiple Web Based Products
- Crazy Egg: Elixir/Ruby 🧠 Backend Engineer - Solving challenging problems 💪 in a team environment you'll ❤️
- SQUAKE.earth GmbH: Senior Backend Developer (Ruby)
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Senior Product Manager Draft
- Executive Assistant - Business Operations
- Head of Product