Data AnalystAt YouGov
UK, Canada, USA
YouGov is an international research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We trust each other and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 8 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviour. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
What will I be delivering?
The Data Analyst reports to the Global Head of Commercial Finance and is responsible for supporting the Commercial and Sales Operations team. This role is focused on providing data analytics and reports using various data analytics tools to help assess performance and influence strategic sales direction.
- Assist with monitoring financial activity including budgets, forecasting/projections, and month/year-end process management. Identifies problems or trends and evaluates for solutions.
- Create and manage dashboards and reports in Power Bi and Salesforce.com including writing complex SQL queries
- Proactively investigate and uncover interesting data observations
- Support the sales team with analyzing customer data and providing recommendations
- Help implement and manage processes and tool updates to support overall sales efficiency and effectiveness
- Be proactive in performing deep-dive analysis across company’s sales funnels to identify growth opportunities and deliver these to our teams for collaborative success
- Reconciles financial data from multiple sources
- Support the Strategic Finance Analyst with any adhoc projects
What do I need to bring with me?
- 1-2 years of experience in data analysis
- Programming experience and beginning to medium level familiarity with SAS/SQL
- Experience in Python and/or R preferred
- Strong level of familiarity with Excel and other Microsoft products
- Proficiency using data at least one of the following visualization platforms: Tableau, PowerBI
Role can be based in London, Canada, US or remotely in any of these countries.